Notably is a modern PR agency for high-growth companies that want to scale quickly, raise serious capital, be acquired, or go public. We believe that the best PR firm isn’t just the one that brings in the most coverage (although that’s part of the job!) – it’s also the one that clients actually look forward to speaking with each week.
A remote-first, truly bicoastal agency, Notably gets East Coast results without ever losing our California cool. We value work-life balance, understand that teamwork makes the dream work, and support one another so that clients never see us sweat. We love what we do, and take pride in the transformational power of PR for companies that are ready to grow up and glow up. We have an incredible roster of clients, with an outsize portion of them in the technology and nonprofit sectors, but we handle all industries which makes working here always interesting.
We’re growing quickly, and want YOU to along for the ride. If you want limitless potential for advancement – it’s Notably.
About the role:
The dry stuff: The Notably Account Director (AD) plays a key role on several accounts (both B2B and B2C) with an immediate need for assistance on B2B technology accounts. This position is responsible for driving day-to-day media relations and working effectively as a key member of client account teams. We are looking for a creative thinker with excellent verbal and writing skills with a proven track record of securing top tier press coverage for a wide variety of B2B accounts.
The good stuff: The Notably AD is responsible for driving day-to-day operations on multiple accounts, with a major emphasis on securing consistent media coverage for our clients. But, the Notably AD doesn’t just pitch – they create, relate and integrate. Securing media opportunities for clients is a big part of the job, sure. But so are imagining & executing creative campaigns, earning the trust and confidence of stakeholders, and transforming breaking news, holidays, and pop culture events into opportunities for clients to shine.
- Lead multiple clients simultaneously and overall client relationships
- Spearhead media relations strategy including pitch topic development
- Conduct targeted media outreach
- Press release and content development
- Create media lists for ongoing coverage opportunities
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Monitor inbound channels like HARO to identify relevant opportunities
- Staying up-to-date on PR trends, innovations, and the goings-on of the internet
- Status updates. You’ll report to the rest of the team each week about where your accounts stand, and what’s in the pipeline for them
- 5+ years of experience in public relations; agency experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills. The ideal AD will know how to say A LOT with just a little. Like Coco Chanel’s publicist once said, “Before you send the pitch, look at the draft and take one thing out.” Brevity is better, and the ability to self-edit is mandatory.
- Strong media pitching skills, proven record of securing top tier placements and trade coverage
- Ability to organize and manage multiple client accounts
- Ability to win clients over, and make them happy to see you by providing an exceptional client service experience
- A desire to plant roots and grow with a rapidly scaling team of PR professionals.
- ***No jerks allowed
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a work-from-anywhere “office” (our founders are located in the Boston area), as long as you’re able to service clients generally working during Eastern and Pacific time zone business hours.
Just as we believe in making our clients notable, we also believe that our agency team members are extremely valuable and notable as well. You’ll be joining an agency with limitless room to grow. Notably has the impressive client roster of a big firm, but the flexibility and support of a small enough agency for your work to shine. We’re looking for a rising star to help us continue to build a great agency.
We offer health insurance, unlimited vacation, paid holidays, 401K plan, pre-tax cafeteria benefits and the opportunity to make your mark in the PR field.